We are currently seeking an Associate or Assistant Vice President Portfolio Manager. Working alongside the Senior Asset Managers, this position will have day to day management of a diverse portfolio of loan and debt financings including construction/renovation loans, syndications, CMBS, secured and unsecured debt transactions, multi-currency and project financings,
- Day to day management of assigned loans, including communication with Borrowers and Lenders/Investors and Client.
- Analyzing and interpreting loan documents and providing advice and direction to the Asset Management Team and Loan Operations teams
- Monitoring reserve and escrow accounts to ensure borrower compliance with governing documents including provisions related to budget, taxes, insurance, collateral and future funding
- Reviewing disbursement requests, monitoring draw procedures, managing flow of funds mechanics and internal loan administration
- Monitoring of construction loans including review of budgets, back-up documentation, title updates, and inspection reports. Periodic travel to inspect construction projects.
- Performing monthly waterfall calculations including the monitoring of income, operating budgets and leasing status
- Coordinate new portfolio and new loan servicing including collection of all necessary loan documents, obtaining contact information for all relevant parties and ensuring accurate boarding in the loan servicing system.
- Reconcile and review various reports including billing statements, release statements, payoff statements and remittance reports as required to ensure Hanover’s high standards are achieved in terms of quality, accuracy and completeness.
- Update and monitor loan specific information in the loan servicing system
- Flexibility in schedule with respect to meeting time sensitive client needs
- Ability to work independently on projects and collaborate ‘face to face’ as a team player.
- Handle the collection and remittance of payments
- Verification and payment of taxes and insurance
- Calculating property/unit release prices and monitoring releases
- Portfolio reporting
- Coordination with asset managers and borrowers
Core Competencies for this role:
- Strong analytical, problem solving and computer skills with a thorough knowledge of excel
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills with attention to detail
- Work in a team environment yet think independently and generate quality work product with little supervision
- Manage multiple priorities and meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to approach work from more of a “transaction” basis versus “task” basis
- Understanding of real estate finance including debt and equity structures
- Excellent reading and comprehension skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Analytical skills to understand complex commercial loan documents
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Understanding of 3rd party reports including appraisals, property condition reports, and environmental reports.
- Ability to work independently on projects and also collaborate ‘face to face’ as a team player
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment running multiple tasks under tight deadlines
Advanced knowledge of the following is required:
- MS Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word.
- MS Excel – Beginner to intermediate
Required Work experience requirements
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in Commercial Real Estate , Loan Administration, Corporate Trust or Community Development or related field
- Construction loan experience preferred
- Knowledge of cash management and waterfalls preferred