Associate Or Assistant Vice President, Underwriter (CRE Advisory) – Atlanta
This Company is a pioneer in the CMBS industry, providing outsourced commercial real estate collateral evaluation, due diligence and underwriting services. Through our in-depth understanding of loan origination, credit risk analysis, and the securitization
process, we have become the preeminent advisor for the commercial real estate finance industry; providing clients’ the ability to strategically leverage a diverse platform of real estate and capital markets professionals. Our professional team can be deployed as a variable staffing strategy to manage a specific transaction or other project requirements. We have specialized practice teams for most property types, and have transactional experience across North America and Europe.
The AVP Due Diligence & Underwriting for the CRE Team is responsible for the delivery real estate analysis, CMBS and other commercial real estate loan underwriting and debt consulting services. This role manages multiple
transactions with multiple clients under tight timelines across a variety of asset types. This role may also hold "player-coach" or direct supervisory responsibilities.
- Perform all aspects of the due diligence and underwriting for loans including analyzing property level data and guarantor financial statements, and reviewing and approving appraisals, property conditions assessments and environmental reports.
- Perform site inspections, determine appropriate market comparables for property valuation and asset summary report, and complete tenant analyses
- Identify risks and potential mitigants for property related issues
- Research, analyze and summarize tenant level information including financial trends and credit ratings or stock market capitalization
- Prepare final underwriting and credit approval memoranda and present loans for internal credit approval process
- Research, analyze and summarize market and submarket information including inventory, absorption, new/proposed development, and rent and vacancy trends
- Interface with agencies and institutional investor groups
- Write property, market and borrower/sponsor descriptions as well as third party report summaries
- Build and manage relationships with clients
- Manage / coach junior Underwriters and Analysts
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3-7+ years’ experience in real estate valuation, loan credit administration, underwriting CMBS or CRE balance sheet loans
- Previous management experience preferred
- Previous experience with a variety of property types
- Expertise in commercial real estate, due diligence process, commercial lending policies, and credit and risk management policies
- Full understanding of property sectors (office, retail, industrial, hotel, multifamily) and their different investment characteristics and an ability to see the "big picture" in commercial real estate and capital markets finance transactions
- Proficient in Argus – AND excellent Excel and cash flow modeling and business writing skills
Preferred fields of study include Accounting, Finance, Real Estate, Business