The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing relationships with prospective customers, signing new members and converting competitive business. Business Development Manager will also build strong, long term relationships with key Strategic Accounts that results in increased sales and quality service to our customers.
• Penetrate existing markets to attract new customers
• Maintain a thorough understanding of business model, programs and services and business operations
• Maintain strong working relationships with key strategic accounts by keeping them informed of services, programs, product information, new promotions, and industry changes
• Participates in required sales training to continually maintain a consultative sales approach with all customers
• Successfully implements consultative selling skills with customers to uncover individual needs and build a tailored proposal.
• Take the primary lead on new start-up or converted business for first 6 months. Business will then transition to the Account Manager for regular call cycle.
• Make presentations and qualify prospects in assigned territory
• Identify benefits and weaknesses, charting out opportunities to grow business and provide quarterly business reviews on the competition in the marketplace.
• Maintain timely and efficient call schedule on customers and prospects
• Work effectively & efficiently in territory
• Communication between teams working to attain desired results in sales work plan
• Utilize CRM software to keep a thorough log of all communications and provide adequate follow ups
• Close new customer business in order to meet and/or exceed quarterly and annual sales goals.
• Must be willing to travel (including overnight travel) within the assigned customer base and geographic territory; travels to events such as conferences regional sales meetings.
• Excellent and persuasive consultative selling skills
• Ability to rapidly build trust and credibility with prospective customers.
• Excellent new customer sales pipeline management skills
• Excellent understanding of specific business segment; industry and competitive knowledge
• Strong acquisition and leadership skills
• Excellent customer probing skills
• Able to build internal collaboration with others as necessary
• Able to build customer relationships and trust quickly to challenge customer mindsets; comfortable closing sales
• Strong analytical skills; quick thinker
• Highly competitive and goal oriented
• Good understanding of value and profit principles
• Strong creativity skills; focused and disciplined
• Thorough understanding of value-added services which would apply best to their individual customer's needs
• Strong presentation skills; up-to-date knowledge of presentation software and equipment
• Meticulous follow-up skills organized with attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Ability to learn quickly and to creatively solve new problems.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in business, pharmacy or related field
• Experience working with pharmacies, hospitals, and / or in the healthcare industry is a major plus!
• Requires a minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated and successful direct new customer acquisition sales experience including territory prospecting individual customer needs analysis tailored proposal development and successful presentation and contract signature.