Seeking a Compliance Engineer to attain agency compliance for products by developing and executing compliance programs, advising engineering concerning compliance requirements, maintaining documentation, and preventing and/or resolving compliance issues.
- Applies for and maintains Product Materials Compliance status (CE, ROSH, WEEE, REACH)
- Organizes compliance programs by preparing timetables, cost estimates, and required resources including test laboratories and equipment
- Attains compliance by isolating and resolving non-compliance issues; recommending product and process changes
Create and maintain Declarations of Conformity; maintaining compliance database
- Prevents compliance issues by collaborating with engineering planning and design teams; reviewing design data; identifying and resolving product and engineering design issues; identifying short-term and long-range issues; researching and identifying applicable regulatory and industry compliance standards and codes; developing compliance policies
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging compliance engineering practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks
- Enhances engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- BS, Engineering or related field, preferred
- Working experience with regulatory agencies. ETL, UL, CSA, TUV, FCC, CE, etc.
- Experience with US/International fan and lighting standards is preferred, i.e. UL 507, UL 1598, etc.
- Experience obtaining “Green” approvals is desirable, i.e. RoHS, REACH, WEEE, etc.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, and other software packages
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills