Director, Marketing Communications
The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning, development, implementation, and measurement of all marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both internal and external. This includes directing the efforts of the marketing communications staff and coordination at the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (includes, but not limited to):
• Collaborate with the business team (sales, product management and market development) to create and implement effective go to market strategies for new and existing products, systems, programs and services.
• Direct market / customer research, forecasting, and competitive analysis to identify market opportunities and translate results into actionable insights for the business team.
• Collaborate with product management, R&D, and global marketing organizations to evaluate feasibility of transferring products, services and technologies to a business unit.
• Direct the development and execution of an integrated digital marketing strategy that drives customer engagement and lead nurturing, while gathering and reporting meaningful data analytics for future decision making.
• Spearhead the strategic and tactical execution of marketing campaigns and activities, including advertising, public relations, events, promotions and sales tools. Implement performance metrics and tracking tools to measure results.
• Collaborate with product management, creative and content teams, and distribution partners to create integrated marketing programs that drive interest, influence and achieve sales and growth targets.
• Lead the activities of the Marketing Communications Department, including managing department personnel, short-term and long-term scheduling, resource needs, and developing and managing the annual marketing budget.
• Oversee integration, implementation, and measurement of the corporate brand strategy across all aspects of the business.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field. MBA a plus
• Successful track record in senior marketing roles. Industrial and/or commercial experience a plus
• Minimum of 10+ years successful marketing communication experience or previous experience shows the use of skills necessary to execute this position successfully
• Experience with digital and print marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
• Knowledge of the financial components of product and marketing management, including product profit contributions (cost, pricing, mix), P&L statements, budgets and other financial metrics
• Strong leadership skills and ability to thrive in results-oriented environment
• An affinity for current digital technologies is essential
• Strong knowledge and proficiency in data software: Microsoft Office Suite (required), CRM (preferably Salesforce.com)
• Ability to define problems, gather data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and strategic listening skills are necessary to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with all levels of internal and external customers
• Strong organizational skills – attention to detail and Self-Motivator – willing to take the initiative
• Creative innovator with entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to travel independently, as needed (25% or more) and manage travel schedule (including international travel)