POSITION PROFILE: Director of Marketing for Private Label Food Company based in Louisville, KY
The Director of Marketing will identify and leverage market trends that provide growth opportunities for the company. This position adds value by focusing on revenue generation through optimizing company product and category offerings in response to retail and consumer demands and trends. The incumbent lends marketing expertise and direction in support of the Sales Department. The Director of Marketing assumes the lead marketing role within the company and reports to the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing. Relocation is required.
• Recommend clear marketing strategies to continually drive sales.
• Utilizing IRI data, internal data, and customer data perform market trend analyses to accurately forecast market conditions/trends to influence product offering initiatives and pricing structures.
• The position has P&L responsibilities and will work with Sales, Finance, and Operations to conduct ongoing price/margin analyses and assortment analyses for assigned private label product lines to ensure optimum product offerings and pricing structures.
• Develop price adjustment justification communication and presentation material to ensure all changes are implemented in a complete and timely manner.
• Manage new products process from inception through marketplace seating. This may include working directly with customers to bring products to marketplace.
• Actively participate in cross-functional teams (R&D, Operations, Finance, and Sales) in brand matching/product development, reformulations, and new category development.
• Responsible for driving the company’s on-going brand match and health/wellness initiatives across assigned categories.
• Work with SVP of Sales and Marketing and sales manager staff to develop and manage corporate marketing goals, initiatives, and activities including; merchandising and promotions, trade show representation, website, sales support materials (presentations, sell sheets, etc) and trade advertising.
• Work with sales managers in conducting and summarizing marketing and promotional post-analyses to optimize sales manager promotional budgets
• Actively participates in promoting and maintaining positive customer relations including working with customers on: shared product/category research trends; product/category development initiatives; customer driven research projects; customer promotions, and product packaging graphics.
• Directs resources to manage gross profit targets for marketing related projects, delivers projects on-time within designated budget to achieve profit objectives.
• Directs and manages the work of four employees.
• Performs special project assignments needed to resolve on-going issues or to assist in providing long-term solutions to meet the objectives and goals of the position and the department.
THE QUALIFIED CANDIDATE:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Minimum 10 years progressively responsible marketing experience in consumer packaged goods required (private label industry experience a must).
• A minimum of three years experience in a marketing leadership role.
• Demonstrated success in creating comprehensive marketing plans.
• Experience in new product development with a proven record bringing new products to market.
• Experience with retailers in a variety of channels including; food, drug, mass merchandisers, dollar stores, limited assortment formats, and club stores.
• Demonstrated ability to collect, perform analyses and summarize market research data for a variety of audiences. Must possess knowledge of and experience in quantitative and qualitative data analyses.
• Forecasting and inventory modeling knowledge required.
• Strong business acumen with solid financial analysis and budgeting capabilities. Profit and Loss experience required.
• Ability to develop customer relationships required.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation, writing, and verbal communication skills.
• Intermediate to advanced computer capabilities (SAP, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) required with ability to effectively use SAP or comparable ERP system within the scope of position requirements.
• Knowledge of web-based marketing techniques and methods desired.
• Bachelor’s degree with business, marketing or related emphasis, MBA preferred
• Must be able to assume marketing leadership role while working as a member of a larger sales and marketing team.
• Limited domestic travel required (10% -15%). The