The Director of Sales is responsible for managing the sales team driving sales and services to new and existing customers to meet or exceed sales goals. This position ensures the Sales Representatives are equipped with selling-skills training they require to be successful.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of business model, business operations, programs and services
- Leverage key Mutual Member pharmacy advocates to create and close business opportunities
- Maintain timely & thorough communication with the VP of Sales
- Understands the business and marketing challenges of Independent Pharmacies
- Monitor the representative’s key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Writes and delivers employee reviews
- Create a positive working environment
- Responsible for sales team performance
- Assist with developing sales proposals
- Utilize CRM software to keep a thorough log of all communications and provide adequate follow ups
- Must be willing to travel 70% with sales team
- Knowledge of retail pharmacy industry, trends and competition
- Excellent communication skills to include – negotiation, listening, using positive motivational skills to accomplish the strategic and operational direction of the business
- Ability to provide clear goals, direction and coaching to the Sales Team to be flexible, adaptively and undertake challenges through uncertainty and change
- Establish great working relationships with customers, prospects, and internal team
- Ability to identify needs of company and members
- Outgoing personality, dependable, energetic and self-motivated
- Accept responsibility, able to meet deadlines and ability to adapt to change
- Ability to identify, respond and evaluate quickly to opportunities and/or issues
- Experience in managing a budget and sales expenses
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings to produce quality results and positive relationships
- Committed to continuous learning and development of self and sales team
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Collaborative thinker who is willing to participate and share new ideas
- Able to build internal collaboration with others as necessary
- Strong analytical skills; quick thinker
- Highly competitive and goal oriented
- Good understanding of value and profit principles
- Strong creativity skills; focused and disciplined
- Thorough understanding of value-added services which would apply best to their individual customer's needs
- Strong presentation skills; up-to-date knowledge of presentation software and equipment
- Meticulous follow-up skills organized with attention to detail
- Independent, dependable and self-motivated.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to learn quickly and to creatively solve new problem
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- Experience working with pharmacies, hospitals, and / or in the healthcare industry is a major plus!
- Requires a minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated and successful sales management experience
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolong periods driving long distance.
- Must be able to lift to 15 pounds at times.