You will be held accountable for:
- Troubleshooting, inspecting, testing, servicing, and repairing electrical systems.
- Installing and connecting new systems including wiring, conduit, fuses, circuit breakers, clock circuits, magnetic starters, and control systems.
- Adhering to company rules, regulations and core values.
- Maintaining an acceptable record of attendance.
- Performing all duties in a safe manner.
- Maintaining Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and excellent housekeeping practices throughout the shift in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP).
- Adhere to OSHA & NEC Codes as well as LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out)
To be great at this job you will need:
- H.S. Diploma/GED
- Technical/Trade School graduate or apprenticeship program.
- Knowledge and skill equivalent to two years experience in a manufacturing environment handling all levels of power voltage.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skill troubleshooting and repairing electrical controls with production systems, facilities and equipment with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC’s including control Logix, Micro Logix, SLC 500 and other Allen Bradley platforms
- Able to transfer knowledge to other employees
- Knowledge of blue print reading and technical instructions, parts identification and procurement procedures.
- Experience repairing and maintaining Electromechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a diverse team.
- Strong team player and/or individual contributor with track record of success on high performance teams.
- Knowledge of computers
- Be able to participate in Continuous Improvement (CI) projects and teams
- Ability to learn plant equipment such as, VFFS, Case Packers, Grinders, roasters, etc.
- May be asked to participate in equipment rebuilds
What’s the scope:
Responsible for the prompt performance of assigned electrical and related duties. Providing journeyman level installation
You will need to be able to influence:
- Fellow Associates
- Production Management
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintenance Manager
In order to perform duties in a satisfactory manner, the incumbent must be able to navigate the production floor where temperatures may vary in an environment with dust particulates. Prolong standing and walking. Bends, stoops, climbs and crouches on a regular basis in order to service, troubleshoot and clean equipment. Also required to push, lift and pull various raw materials such as film, tin tie rolls and valves weighing up to 60 lbs.