Excellent Opportunity for Experienced Export Sales Manager
Location: Richmond, VA -OR- Remote is also possible
Overall Goal of Position:
The Export Sales Manager posiiton is accountable for the execution and achievement of ABP volume objectives, forecast accuracy, promotional execution, distribution targets, new item speed to shelf, and all International and Export business through the Sales Cycle and Project
Management. This position is responsible for customer headquarter account management at all current and potential International customers. The ISM position is responsible for delivering creative, fact-based solutions and thought leadership that will help build Company's Brands in export markets.
Responsible for proactively managing, monitoring, evaluating and holding the accountability for the overall business plan to meet all volume, profit and share objective. Primary focus is to (a) Achieve all sales objectives and specific volume goals through broker team management, execution of account plans and brand strategies that will meet key performance indicators (KPIs), (b) manage relationship with customers, brokers, and internal resources (c) manage trade plans and profitability of sku mix and (d) manage all private label projects through our internal R&D P&P via detailed project management.
The Export Sales Manager reports to VP of Sales, AFH | Export | Private Label
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achievement of sales objectives and specific volume goals through broker management, execution of account plans and brand strategies.
- Focus on building a robust pipeline of new distributors, customers and products in targeted International markets that leverages SBI’s complete product portfolio, key capabilities and available manufacturing capacity.
- Develop and leverage relationships at all levels of existing and new customers.
- Develop and deliver customer plans to achieve objectives within budget
- Deliver short & long term solutions through best practice thought leadership
- Present annual business plans (distributors, direct and indirect grocery retailers) to VP of Sales and execute plan across a diverse customer base
- Lead and manage broker sales team within each geographical region
- Work cross functionally to produce timely business updates for senior leadership
- Work closely with Customer Service to ensure on time deliveries and manage deductions
- Work as an escalation path with Credit and Collections for past due accounts
- Monitor export country or market dynamics, activities or changes and provide timely communication and implications to internal SBI functions and solutions or options to resolve potential business obstacles.
- This includes, but not limited to; ForEx, Tariffs or competitive changes that could impact our business
- Keen understanding of the Condiment and Spice categories, competitors, distributors, retailers and products including unique differences that exist in international countries and markets (Export Distributor Management.)
Performance Standards (the criteria that will be used to evaluate performance):
- Net Sales, Gross Margins, Volume goals and product mix, Pipeline growth and YOY sales growth
- Private label and branded growth
- Broker management goals and quarterly business reviews of projects, pipeline and sales execution
What you do and how you act
- Leadership and contribution to overall success of SBI
- Personal Effectiveness-meeting timelines and productivity requirements (quantity and quality of work)
- Personal interaction, communication and teamwork with internal and external parties, consistent with Company Standards and Ethics