JOB description summary
The Head of Planning is responsible for forecasting, merchandise financial planning, in-season management, open to buy and markdown management with the goal of meeting or exceeding sales, margin and inventory targets. Driving Sales and Profit while optimizing Inventory. Responsible for forecasting and consolidating Cluster planning info for Global.
- Responsible for provision of accurate demand forecast for clusters across all categories and channels.
- Management of bottom-up merchandise financial plan and reconciliation with targets across cluster grouping.
- Responsible for open to buy (OTB) and inventory management across clusters for the complete demand life-cycle.
- Optimize stock turn across all POS.
- Effective Promotion and Markdown management.
- Responsible for replenishment, ordering (SR) and allocation process and optimization.
- Manage all demand related process and teams within scope continually striving for improvement and optimization.
- Develop competencies in Cluster Planning teams and manage teams performance.
- Build and nurture a collaborative environment in a cross functional networked team.
- Support the implementation and roll out of any new Planning tool or Process.
Education: University Degree or equivalent experience.
Years of experience overall: 5-8 years Senior Level
Years of experience in a similar role: 5-8 years Senior Level
Must have skills:
- Local language + fluent English essential.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze and utilize financial measurements.
- Ability to learn new technical applications and tools quickly.
- Ability to lead and Manage team to success.
- Strong understanding of Merchandising and Product.