Our client is in the logistics business. Over the past 50 years, our associates built the company into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our business, and to each other. The growth and success we’ve experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment.
Growing our family since 1966. Will you join us?
Location: Lakeland, FL or Fort Worth, TX
Key responsibilities include working with vendors on MHE, WMS and other technology enhancements, testing protype solutions, evaluating data and use cases, piloting new solutions, and driving best practice.
- Apply engineering concepts to drive the development and deployment of creative, effective and timely MHE and Software solutions to address complex technical problems
- Work closely with Corporate Strategic Initiative teams and serve as primary liaison for new technology requests, corporate roadmap initiatives and technology development and execution.
- Build and test proof-of-concept and initial prototype hardware and software solutions in technology lab environment
- Partner with vendors to determine new technologies, use-cases, and evaluate ROI opportunities
- Contributes and/or leads system enhancements by accomplishing targeted milestones
- Responsible for developing new product/ service-oriented strategies and enhancements
- Needs to establish personal rapport with internal and external clients
- Ability to lead a team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Understands the business issues and data challenges of client's organization and industry
- Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution
- Able to work with APIs and Integration mapping between different client(s) systems
- Audit functional specifications and system design specifications for client engagements
- Able to test system functionality including writing test scripts, assisting with user testing and training
- Responsible for tracking issues and resolving in a timely manner
- Accountable for enforcement of product deadlines and schedules
- Presentation of data driven ROI on projects
- Data analysis through WMS and other business information tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Systems or related technology degree is required
- Experience with MHE including AMR’s, putwalls, smart carts, voice, pick-to-light, and other distribution technologies is required
- Must have experience working with WES (Work Execution Systems) and interfacing with MHE, and high-speed sortation solutions
- Some related experience and/or training supporting the Softeon WMS preferred
- Experience in training other associates/employees on Softeon strongly preferred.
- Experience with systems for multi-site warehousing/distribution/fulfillment/logistics operations preferred
- Experience with Scrum/Agile methodologies is preferred
- Experience managing direct and indirect reports in a project-oriented environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of WMS configuration, troubleshooting, and implementation experience including performing and leading testing efforts.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of experience implementing hardware and software technologies
- Must have experience with best practice logistics methodologies: Six Sigma, Lean, VSM, etc.
- Must be willing to travel for business up to 25% of the time
- Must possess decision making and problem-solving skills
- Must have strong interpersonal, written, and verbal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment