$25HR – Rotating Shifts – Union – Oakdale, PA
Our client is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Their products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
Maintenance Technician – Oakdale, Pennsylvania
This position is responsible for the installation, repair and inspection of all mechanical and electrical equipment and circuits in the plant, including removal or relocation of new, used or existing production equipment, plant buildings, equipment or accessories for the plant.
- Dismantle, clean, repair, install, maintain, assemble and lubricate mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Install or remove water or air lines, gas lines, valves, pumps, connectors, heaters, heat tapes, filters, transducers, thermocouples or other devices to specifications, codes or instructions.
- Install conduit, fittings, switches, controls, and fixtures, wires and connect all types of electrical equipment as required for new installation or replacement of facilities.
- Install or repair air handling systems, blowers, filters, condensers, compressors, pulleys, belts, plenums, diffusers, vents or other devices for HVAC or ventilation systems.
- Maintain outer buildings, lights, gutters, roofing, doors, driveways and parking lots.
- Repair and maintain all types of material handling equipment.
- Inventory and requisition supplies, materials, and spare parts.
- Maintain department records including work orders, preventative maintenance records and equipment history. Evaluate preventative maintenance work orders and perform work as deemed necessary.
- Inform/demonstrate to applicable employees the proper use of equipment which has been installed or upgraded by maintenance technicians.
- Maintain good housekeeping by keeping work areas clean, orderly, and free of safety hazards and taking care of tools and equipment through 5S implementation.
- Adhere to company safety policies by: attending mandatory safety meetings; developing safe work habits; providing suggestions for a safer workplace; and being aware of fellow employees.
- General high school diploma or GED equivalency. Also technical degree/certification with specialty in electricity, mechanical repair, HVAC and/or plumbing; or equivalent in years of experience.
- Use gauges, controls, maintain required records and reports
- Previous experience in a metals manufacturing environment is desirable
- Fork truck experience is desirable