The Manager, CRM & Retention Marketing is responsible for planning and executing email communications, lead nurturing, retention strategies, and successfully growing the email marketing channel. The ideal candidate must be well versed with marketing automation and lead generation strategies. The candidate will work closely with cross-functional teams including Dev, Product Management, Legal, Brand and Creative to strategize, plan, and execute all email programs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Own strategy and implementation of CRM and email marketing processes and campaigns.
- Develop, test, execute email marketing campaigns to acquire, convert and retain prospects/customers and generate revenue.
- Build out data driven retention strategy and customer journeys using advanced audience segmentation developed in Opti move.
- Build out all B2C email & push marketing infrastructure, maintenance and sending (list management, deliverability, email creation & design, database management etc.)
- Project manage CRM programs, Email marketing, SMS, and browser push messaging.
- Increase open rates by split testing send time, frequency, personalization, and proactive anti-churn tactics.
- Responsible for compiling, analyzing and leveraging performance data to both identify optimization within the current business and new opportunities for growth.
- Define KPIs and present retention analytics to Ecommerce Director on a weekly basis.
- Collaborate with Digital Acquisition Manager to develop clear CRM marketing strategies and processes to improve customer engagement throughout the entire customer experience, such as, developing segmentation and personalized programs using customer data.
- Collaborate on all customer touch points post-acquisition, both promotional and transactional,
- Manage email deliverability, database hygiene, and compliance with opt-in laws and regulations as well as ensuring compliance with CAN-SPAM regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience creating the strategy and executing campaigns within a marketing automation or email marketing platform.
- Strong proficiency and past experience with email best practices, lead nurturing, marketing automation, and marketing analytics.
- Experience with Optimove or similar ESPs (Marketo, Pardot, Sailthru)
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, and coding against a wide range of email clients. Knowledge of how-to QA responsive email templates across multiple mail clients with Litmus or a similar technology.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with email campaign reporting and data analysis.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment.
- Works well in a team environment but also a strong individual contributor.
- Eager to learn and experiment and not afraid to fail. Strong communications skills – especially written.
- Experience creating presentations to articulate strategy and performance.