Manufacturing Engineer – Injection Molding
As a member of our Manufacturing Engineering team, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership in the Injection Molding Department, to sustain and improve operations. You will execute and standardize processes for machine set-ups, tooling changeovers, quality systems and other department processes. You will troubleshoot and solve problems impacting yields, capacity, quality, efficiency, delivery, environmental compliance, and safety. You will perform cost analysis, identify cost savings opportunities, and plan continuous improvement projects, as well as establish and maintain metrics and key performance indicators (KPI's).
The Manufacturing Engineer – Injection Molding is a hands-on position that requires the successful candidate to build strong relationships throughout the manufacturing site. This position works closely with the manufacturing operators, tool and die shops and managers at all levels.
- Monitor and analyze operating data from the manufacturing process using statistical tools, both proactively (statistical quality/process control) and reactively (troubleshooting)
- Injection Molding Process engineering includes tooling design, job tracking, fabrication and new process implementation
- Maintain process documentation, including process flow diagrams, operating instructions, Engineering Change Notifications, etc.
- Exhibit a strong manufacturing ethic through coaching and continuous improvements
- Support equipment reliability programs and other plant wide initiatives
- Communicate closely and effectively with area operations personnel
- May require leadership of a project or program
- Work under minimum supervision
- Responsible for the development and implementation of manufacturing process standards.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or other related technical subject
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ technical experience
- Ability to perform work in engineering and manufacturing environments
- Experience or training in project definition, design, process control, and statistics
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including formal presentations and technical papers