Responsible for leading, managing, reporting on and initiating new continuous improvement projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and resolve reoccurring manufacturing line issues
- Assist in developing and implementing cost reduction initiatives through continuous improvement (kaizen) events
- Supply cost estimates to marketing for existing product lines
- Work closely with product engineering in product changes/new product introductions
- Provide technical support/training to direct labor employees
- Develop and implement ergonomic changes in the manufacturing setting
- Design and optimize manufacturing processes for the improvement of existing products and the launch of new products
- Evaluate vendor proposals for new equipment
- Assist in implementing and updating Value Stream Maps
Skills and Experience:
- BS in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in a manufacturing or industrial engineering (or similar) role.
- Must have demonstrated project management experience.