The National Accounts Manager will be responsible for selling headquarter accounts for customers that cross multiple sales regions. The territory can cover the entire country for the specific class of trade or call on customers that have locations across the entire country. The position will provide leadership to both internal and external customers. Sells directly to the accounts and will work with these high-level customers through collaboration to achieve both company and the customer’s goals. Responsible for various headquarter calls as well as implementation of results at the operator location level.
Essential Job Duties
- Independently develops regional and national retailer programs with the review of the Director of Sale and VP of Sales.
- Partners on strategies, target markets, reports and analysis with sales teams.
- Presents and solidifies placement of all new products and new brands.
- Works hand-in-hand with sales leadership to ensure all promotional activity is financially sound for the company and assists in the overall growth of the organization.
- Develops and maintains solid relationships foodservice, on-premise accounts, scheduling and reviewing past performance of all events, as well as strategically planning to grow year over year sales.
- Works with all National and Regional Brokers to outline sales objectives, as well as priorities per account to continue to drive revenue.
- Ability to drive revenue and maintain all budget spending levels per account.
- Meets and/or surpasses budgeted sales accounts for all accounts and manage all promotion programs and spending by account.
- Works with the Director of Sales to ensure all new chain authorizations are implemented.
- Develops execution plans with the National Account Managers to maximize all events at store level.
- Provides leadership and performance management assistance to address performance gaps in sales execution.
- Proactively develops strategies to enhance execution of new product roll outs.
- Ability to educate, influence and partner with region teams in order to develop relationships at store level and maximize brand opportunities.
- Works with vendors to create dynamic partnership programs to drive business and revenue with each key account.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills.
- The overall ability to set, pursue and attain achievable goals, regardless of obstacles or circumstances.
- Demonstrates high level of customer service, identifying and responding actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all internal and external customers.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of business issues and revenue and profit impact beyond data collection and analytical knowledge.
- Exhibits confidence in self and others and inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; gives regular feedback and appropriate recognition to others; takes responsibility for direct reports activities.
- Strong analytical skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred, MBA a plus
- Food Service or beverage experience
- Minimum of 7 years sales experience
- Solid leadership and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to travel 2-4 days per week
- Ability to take initiative and follow-up independently
- Demonstrated analytical and math skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency: Microsoft suite
- Strong communication and presentation skills