- Manage team of process control engineers including coaching, training, and work prioritization.
- Provide technical expertise to maintain and improve control system performance for the mill.
- Strategic planning of control system replacements / upgrades to include design and implementation.
- Collaborate with corporate IT to ensure efficient, effective interfaces and networks are in place to support the mill.
- Participate in call rotation for mill wide Process Control systems.
- Manage the environmental, safety and health elements needed to meet facility policy and targets.
- Participate in daily operational meetings with production and other groups to ensure effective communication and coordination.
- Develop plans for personal growth and improved job performance for self as well as process control engineers.
- Develop long-term strategies for subject area manufacturing and maintenance organization to align with future goals of the business.
- Promote and create alignment of group and personal goals with the mill and business.
- Daily demonstrate the ability to adapt and overcome obstacles to meeting targets and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering. Electrical or Chemical engineer preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years process control experience in paper mills or a similar industry.
- Demonstrate good technical savvy in configuration, implementation, and maintenance of control systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills which are demonstrated in personal work history.
- Able to work well and collaborate effectively with a broad set of people regardless of position level or skill set.
- Strong drive and ability to adapt and overcome challenges in order to meet targets.
- Strong aptitude for continued learning and personal growth will be a requirement.