Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and sustain technical expertise on materials and associated products, and related applications to provide product recommendations. Maintain comprehensive knowledge and understanding of all Company products and their applications, manufacturing processes and applicable safety & health concerns. In addition, maintain working knowledge of competitive product information.
- Provide technical support to the applications and sales groups to for technical-commercial activities required to maintain and grow business on assigned accounts, including development/validation of proposed solutions, assistance at customer presentations, participation in technical reviews, interpretation/co-development of customer Statement of Requirements, submission of detailed technical proposals and reports, and other activities required by the sales and engineering staff.
- Create or optimize conceptual 3D designs as required, incorporating both form (DFM, DFA and metal forming practices) and function (thermal, acoustical and mechanical) and generate the required design engineering reports, and technical recommendations for subsequent detailed designs and plant cost/feasibility reviews. Assist in detailed 2D/3D CAD design work as required for peak workload situations.
- Develop/maintain relationships with key customer engineering activities, using regular contact to identify customer issues that could benefit from company's solutions and to establish/maintain reputation as the key solution-provider for thermal and acoustical automotive applications.
- Support customer technical groups as required for launch programs and engineering changes, including participation in PDT meetings and other key customer events.
- Present professional appearance and demeanor at all times. Confidentiality and privileged information must be maintained.
- Travel as necessary to customer locations, manufacturing plants, out-of-office sales meetings, trade shows or seminars.