Requirements / Responsibilities
- Bachelor's Degree in chemistry, chemical engineering or other related field with minimum eight years of experience.
- Some prior experience working with process safety or RMP at an industrial facility, including experience with leading PHAs or other Hazard Analyses.
- Must have the ability to implement process safety programs in a chemical manufacturing arena and above average computer skills (e.g., spreadsheets, word processing, and database management)
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally, including presenting information to senior leadership and regulatory agencies.
- Highly motivated, organized, results-driven self-starter with an ability to work issues across a multi-layered organization in a team approach.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple priorities at the same time in a fast-paced environment with minimal oversight or supervision and be able to work closely with staff from all levels of the organization to achieve desired results.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience in safe design of facilities handling propellants and explosives.
- Experience in performing qualitative and quantitative hazard analysis of impact, friction, static electricity, and shock hazards of propellants and explosives.
- Experience in supporting compliance with Process Safety Management and Risk Management standards.
- Experience using PHA-PRO or similar Process Hazard Analysis software.
- Center for Chemical Process Safety Certification (CCPSC)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Experience in performance of incident investigation utilizing root cause analysis techniques.