1. Provide Quality Engineering support both internal & external.
2. Primary customer contact.
3. Respond to customer inquiries and concerns.
4. Perform data collection & analysis.
5. Conduct root cause investigations.
6 Develop and implement corrective actions that address root cause investigation findings.
7. Review and authorize RMA’s as required.
8. Facilitate or be an active participant in Continuous Improvement efforts (Kaizen Events).
9. Write Quality Alerts as required.
10. Generate Standard Inspection Procedures (SIP’s).
11. Complete PPAP’s as required.
12. Facilitate or be an active participant in MRB meetings.
13. Active participant in the APQP process.
14. Active participant in the FMEA (DFMEA / PFMEA) process.
15. Conduct Internal Audits as required.
16. Aid in Supplier selection & development.
17. Assist in maintaining compliance to the TS 16949 standard.
18. Provide training as required.
19. Support calibration efforts.
20. Follow Company policies and procedures as defined in the IEP Employee Manual.
21. Follow all International Standards that apply to IEP’s certification and QMS.
22. Follow Company Safety rules and wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
23. Perform duties outside of normal work hours as required.
24. Other duties as assigned.
Education /Skills /Qualifications:
1. Must read, write and communicate in English as it relates to this position and safety.
2. Must successfully complete 90-day probationary period.
3. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical).
4. Require 3 to 5 years of Quality Engineering experience in a Manufacturing environment.
5. Cooperative with ability to work individually or in a team environment.
6. Detail oriented with excellent oral and written communication skills.
7. A self-starter who can perform in a self-directed manner.
8. Strong time management skills.
9. Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft Excel, PPT, & Word.
10. Should have good Initiative with drive for Continuous Improvement.