Our ideal candidate understands that the health and safety of our employees is a core value and we demonstrate that through our daily actions. While we have an excellent safety and compliance record by industry standards, we are searching for a Manager, EHS to lead our sites to achieve our goals to continuously improve toward our Target Zero Incident goals.
- Leads oversight and ownership for Health, Safety and Environmental strategies, initiatives and activities for the North American Packaging (NAP) and Machinery Divisions.
- Implements strategies to keep employees focused on safety.
- Manage recording and reporting EHS related information
- Monthly Safety reports
- Fire Incident Tracking Reports
- Quarterly Rank reports (fire and EHS Highlights)
- Track Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Environmental submittals for NAP and Machinery (Air, Storm Water, Waste Water, Waste Management, etc.)
- Integral part of the EHS Strategy team consisting of EHS Managers from the mills and NAP to set EHS strategy, policy and initiatives for the company
- Drives a Target Zero culture for Environment, Health and Safety with strong involvement and ownership from each employee.
- Directs and supports local EHS staff activities to ensure compliance and drive personal ownership and accountability.
- Mentors plant EHS personnel for success.
- Partners with site operational leaders to be a visible EHS advocates in areas of responsibility.
- Acts as a business partner to facility Leaders and teams to ensure safety plans are in place to protect employees, vendors, visitors, and physical assets. Supports the operations teams to achieve their EHS targets.
- Implements and/or drives corporate EHS strategy at the site operations level.
- Audits facilities and systems to identify improvement opportunities and provide assistance in reaching EHS goals and objectives.
- Facilitate management of risk management functions associated with fire and boiler machinery insurance reviews.
- Participates in management of high exposure Workers’ Compensation claims in the US. This includes participating in claims reviews & making recommendations to the business concerning settlement options as needed.