SENIOR ANALYST/ASSOCIATE – ASSET MANAGEMENT ATLANTA, GA
Company is a leading provider of primary servicing for investors who require superior commercial real estate insight, across all property types in the US and Europe. Our clients and partners typically retain credit risk in senior and subordinate loan structures, including mezzanine, A/B subordinated positions, participations, collateralized debt obligations (CDOs) and commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS). Our clients generally consist of insurance companies, private equity, opportunity and hedge funds, who retain credit risk, and require a higher level of CRE asset management experience, and/or private labeling customer support.
Our Asset Management team is seeking a qualified professional for its Asset Manager – Associate role. Under the direction of the Relationship Manager and/or Senior Asset Manager, will have day to day management responsibility of assigned loans and/or real estate properties.
Key Responsibilities Summary:
Assist in the management of a portfolio of highly complex commercial real estate loans, while adhering to company policies and procedures, and managing client relations. Additionally, provide a high level of loan surveillance support to the client by monitoring and reporting on property level cash flows, rent rolls, market conditions and property valuations for a nationwide portfolio of loans across all types of commercial real estate property types.
- Day to day management of assigned loans, including communication with Borrowers and Lenders/Investors
- Processing of borrower requests and consents
- Analyze property financials and report property/loan performance to Lenders/Investors on a quarterly basis via a Quarterly Asset Report (QAR).
- When applicable, correspond with Sponsors/Borrowers for updates on any property-level concerns, including Capital Expenditure Projects, leasing progress, Construction Status and overall performance.
- Prepare and submit weekly loan portfolio updates identifying all relevant issues, discussions and events that occurred during the week
- Monitor loan specific events and triggers
- Other duties, responsibilities and ad hoc projects as assigned.
Required Work experience requirements:
- Minimum 2-4+ years of experience in Commercial Real Estate
- Asset management experience, including a variety of debt types, including construction loans and distressed debt
- Experience with a variety of asset classes, hotel experience is advantageous
- Excellent reading and comprehension skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Analytical skills to understand complex commercial loan documents and borrower financial statements
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Understanding of 3rd party reports including appraisals, property condition reports, and environmental reports.
- Thorough knowledge of leases for all commercial property types.
- Understanding of property operating statements for all commercial property types (e.g. hotel, office, multifamily, and self-storage)
- Ability to work independently on projects and also collaborate ‘face to face’ as a team player
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment running multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of the following is required:
- MS Office Suite including Outlook, Excel, Power Point and Word.
- MS Excel – intermediate to advanced
Required Education from an accredited Institution:
- Bachelor’s degree; Preferred Field of Study: Real Estate, Finance/Accounting, Business