SENIOR FUND ACCOUNTANT
WHO ARE WE?
Our client is an entrepreneurial private asset management firm that invests in emerging financial services companies, fixed income, real estate, and marketable securities. We are seeking a stellar accountant who will jump in with both feet to join our team and help manage our institutional quality financial management infrastructure. The senior fund accountant will help maintain the company’s books and records; monitor portfolio and business performance; and drive a best-practices accounting, financial reporting, FP&A and control environment.
WHO ARE YOU?
You are a high achieving professional that will assist us in managing and monitoring our financial performance and provide us with timely information to increase risk-adjusted returns. You have a passion for numbers, a desire to solve problems, and a resolve to push through challenging situations.
Quite simply, you are an accountant in shining armor, with an active entrepreneurial spirit, strong written & oral communication skills, and a dynamic set of problem-solving skills.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Work collaboratively to manage and maintain the day-to-day books and records of the company including A/P processing, expenses report review, investment funding review and setup, and various miscellaneous items to keep the wheels on our full-speed-ahead bus
- Maintain and improve an audit-quality monthly close and financial statement process
- Create and manage financial planning and analysis models to drive internal and external decision making
- Become subject matter expert in assigned investment classes (e.g. venture capital, alternative debt lending, marketable securities, commercial real estate) with opportunities for direct exposure into each asset class area
- Create and maintain budgets and cash forecasts to identify corporate financial objectives and ensure prudent management of liquidity
- Develop and enhance monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, sourcing relevant benchmarks, for management to utilize in the assessment of investment and fund level performance
- Monitor industry best practices, and recommend and implement enhancements to accounting systems, internal controls, and investor reports
- Tackle various ad-hoc projects related to the development and growth of the underlying portfolio companies
- Support 3rd party with preparation of tax returns
- Partner with our portfolio companies on a temporary consulting basis to improve their financial and business operations
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of auditing, accounting, tax, finance or fund administration experience
- Technically savvy with a broad based knowledge of Microsoft software applications and at least one accounting software
- Strongly self-motivated to take ownership and responsibility over projects and work products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- CPA preferred