Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supplier and System Expert – This person will be the primary contact for our suppliers and our system transformation on the floor interacting with the Quality Engineers in their respective Business Units. This will be completed through comprehensive supplier audits as well as process and product reviews on the manufacturing floor to eliminate non-conforming products.
- Mentor the Business Unit Quality Engineers by identifying opportunities for process and product improvement through scrap reduction initiatives and Corrective Action Request closure. Also interact with the business units in an effort to educate them on their troublesome suppliers on a monthly basis.
- Supplier Management – The Sr. Quality and Supplier Engineer will have full responsibility for developing and leading the supply base to ensure that all deliverables are achieved with each supplier – per the approved blueprint and specification. The deliverables will be directly related to the specifics of each program that is being supplied for.
- Improve the profitability and efficiencies of the Business Units through the implementation of standard work practices, quality at the source disciplines and scrap reductions. Drive continuous improvement initiatives and cost savings through the application of Lean and Six Sigma (LSS) manufacturing techniques such as 6S, SQDC and mistake / error proofing.
- Participate as a member of the cross-functional team in product launches to ensure a smooth transition from the design and launch phases into manufacturing phase. Assist in the development of the necessary customer and floor documentation to identify and minimize any potential issues.
- Responsible for the compilation and distribution of the monthly supplier score card. This information will be reported within our monthly QOS process and will be used as a tool for future business sourcing.
- Design and manage new equipment process development, timing, budget, setup, debug and training.
- Work with the business units to setup Statistical Process Control (SPC) files for the new products / processes as well as develop methods of data collection for the existing processes based on various internal and external indicators.
- Assist in the creating, updating and maintaining of manufacturing documents work instructions (W/I’s) CP’s, Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA’s) to train team member on the manufacturing processes.