The Supply Chain Logistics Analyst is a position within the Customer Logistics & Technical Services department. This department strives to deliver a best in class customer experience through leading critical customer facing-functions such as customer service, logistics, distribution and transportation.
This department supports all four departments: 1) Retail, 2) Food Service 3) Office Services and 4) E-Commerce covering Canada, United States, Mexico and the Caribbean.
The Supply Chain Logistics will:
- Manage inbound flows of inventory from overseas including ownership of weekly stock availability report proactively identifying critical gaps and at-risk items
- Own logistics KPIs with a mindset to maximize all metrics. Analyze KPI data through reporting, collaboration on service improvements and strategy when required.
- Utilize data and analytics to provide accurate and precise month end reporting to commercial teams and leadership.
- Manage inventory at three local warehouses ensuring daily stock alignment, efficient clearing of IDOC errors, and communication of short coded products.
- Implement process improvements through cross-functional collaboration as well as partnering with third party logistics (3PL) providers.
- Lead projects/initiatives to enhance both cost and service efficiencies in the customer and supply chains.
- Support the continued development and refinement of customer operations SOPs and metrics to drive continuous improvements in service, cost, and quality.
- Collaborate with team to oversee bi-annual physical inventory at local warehouses.
- Identify, plan and implement cost savings opportunities while balancing service specifications.
- Oversight and optimization of the sub-contracting process, scheduling agreements and oversight of local vendors.
- Ownership and consolidation of daily order portfolio and outbound logistics plan
- Support any kind product quality initiatives relative to investigation and product retrieval
- Drive vendor compliance through collaboration with finance, third party logistics, and our customers. Maintain, monitor and influence vendor scorecard improvement and work to remedy deductions resulting from non-compliance issues such as late deliveries, EDI accuracy, etc.
- Provide updated routing guidelines to 3PL provider bring forward non-compliance issues for resolution.
- Partner with 3PL provider to resolve outstanding logistics issues, keeping management apprised as needed
- Create ad hoc reports as needed (service level)
- Handle special projects as assigned by management
- Learn and utilize new technology to drive root cause analysis and problem resolution relating to On-Time Delivery, Order Blocks, and other individual/team metrics.
- Drive process improvements that impact inventory management, order management, and dashboard measures.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required. A focused degree in business or supply chain is preferred.
- A minimum 3 to 5 years of related experience is required
- Metrics driven with excellent Excel and analytical skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency is required and experience in ERP systems and with EDI is preferred.
- Project management experience is required.
- Experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, Production or Customer Planning, Manufacturing, and/or Distribution is preferred.
- This position is located in New York, NY and may require up to 10% of domestic travel