- Manages all supervision and exempt direction of non-exempt employees on achieving daily performance requirements in shipping operations.
- Administers policy and procedure within legal guidelines. Coaches work group to adapt to new ways of performing work to include understanding of legal ramifications of our policies, government regulations, safety standards, and consistently adhering to and administering policy and procedures.
- Manages costs by tracking costs against ABP. Provides input into projected plans. Conducts cost analysis. Evaluates safety costs against production goals. Use cost factors to effectively make sound decisions as well as identifying gaps.
- Manages production work flow. Utilizes multi-warehouse systems to predict and direct workflow. Follows computer control commands to redirect workflow within warehouse systems. Understands how all parts are impacted by decisions to redirect workflow.
- Facilitates the setting of objectives and strategies along with daily tactical planning, budgeting and workforce requirements.
- Develops performance measures for work groups and clarifies inputs and outputs that will be monitored for continuous improvements.
- Oversees & schedules work for the daily activities of the work groups to maximize available resources.
- Oversees & schedules work of preventative maintenance activities for internal production equipment and external requirements to transfer or transport product to and/or from the mill.
- Five to seven years of supervision experience with a willingness to continue education, or B.A./B.S. level of education, or other related equivalent work experience with demonstrated leadership skills.
Required Competencies Include:
- Communication, Conflict Resolution, Leadership, Technical Abilities, Ability to Coach and Counsel, Problem Solving, Change Orientation, Planning