Director of Human Resources
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Objective: Our goal is to be an employer of choice for talented, passionate, committed people who believe in our values, goals, strategic visions, and the overall success of our company, all while valuing each individual that is a part of the company’s team.
The Director of Human Resources will support best practices for leadership and associate development, succession planning, talent acquisition, benefits, culture, compliance, retention, regulations, laws, and performance management.
- Partner with the CFO or other staff members to create and implement human resources policies and procedures that directly align with the mission and values.
- Manage and executing various vital HR related functions and operations
- Own critical HR projects/initiatives
- Maintain company compliance with employment related Federal, State and Municipal laws.
- Maintain and build a positive, productive Human Relations Department that directly supports the visions and goals of the company.
- Support payroll and benefit programs in partnership with finance department
- Develop a performance management system in partnership with CFO and COO, including KPI’s for key roles in the organization.
- Manage the company’s performance procedures in collaboration with managers
- Collaborate with managers to complete performance reviews of teams
- Ensure managers are following through with conducting and recording performance reviews
- Work with managers throughout the year on performance management systems.
- When needed develop employee improvement plans ensuring appropriate documentation and compliance with employment laws.
Talent Acquisition and Retention
- Lead and drive recruitment and talent acquisition efforts.
- Coordinate and support onboarding and efforts to help new hires successfully acclimate and integrate into the organization.
- Develop and implement an employee benefits program that attracts and retains top talent.
- Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, conscious improvement, team-work, and high performance that makes us an employer of choice.
- Manage onboarding processes by:
- Set up new hire profiles in systems
- Conduct and track mandatory trainings
- Manage benefits eligibility
- Address individual needs
Human Resources Management
- Oversee the delivery of Human Resource (HR) solutions
- Develop/Implement employee recognition programs, reward systems and programs for continuous positive atmosphere and employee relations
- Develop and manage annual payroll expense budgets for the company and perform periodic cost and productivity analyses
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries, and markets
- Support healthy employee relations by:
- Advising/supporting employees improving professional and collegial relationships
- Remediating employee conflicts as needed
- Training and engaging managers
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is regularly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results; change agent; innovative; continuous improvement mindset; and agile.
- Builds Collaborative Relationships: Individual that can develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others both inside and outside the organization and provide information, assistance, and support.
- Innovation & Productivity: Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities. Excellent organization skills with an ability to create a culture of effectiveness and efficiency within the HR department
- Communication: Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups in a variety of situations; communicating in a focused and compelling way that drives others’ thoughts and actions. Engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Experience: Individual that has experience in the HR space as a Generalist or Manager. Experience writing policies, procedures and implementing employee programs and training, building a strong HR Department.
- Spanish: Bi-Lingual in Spanish preferred
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field