This position will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the facility's environmental programs including:
- Maintain the Company's environmental plan, environmental programs and all environmental permits in a manner consistent with Federal, State and Company guidelines. Responsible for submitting all permits and maintaining all environmental files in manner consistent with Federal, State and Company guidelines
- Implement and administer all government required environmental programs,
- Includes interpretation of data and environment to ensure compliance.
- Confer with department supervisors, manufacturing representatives and regulatory agency staff to discuss problems, to develop tests to detect environmental problems, to design plans to monitor equipment and to ensure compliance with permits issued by environmental regulatory agencies. Maintain working knowledge of new technologies developed by the industry and government regulators.
- Monitor and record hazardous waste generation at the facility. Maintain hazardous waste manifests. Track waste disposal costs at the facility on a monthly basis.
- Submit annual reports to State regulatory agencies.
- Serves as the sites Industrial Hygiene Coordinator, which consists of implementation and maintenance of Industrial Hygiene Programs (e.g. Hazardous Communication, Hearing Conservation, etc.).
- Prepare and maintain the following Industrial Hygiene Programs (Hazardous Communication, Chemical Exposure Assessment, Hearing Conservation, Safe Quality Foods), including maintenance of Material Safety Data Sheets, Chemical inventory list, audiometric testing and facility wide sampling strategy.
- B.S. in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering degree preferred.
- Currently in an EH&S role in a manufacturing facility.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a high speed, high volume manufacturing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable and proficient at speaking in front of a group.
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to lead, build consensus and work within a team environment
- Ability to build employee teams and gain participation
- Initiate and manage change
- Familiar with Word, Excel, PowerPoint