Global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components is seeking a Maintenance Superintendent to provide leadership and direction in the day-to-day Maintenance to accomplish business objectives in the areas of Safety, Right First Time, and Meeting the Forecast for the assigned operations.
Essential Functions (other duties may be assigned)
- Create a safety culture of trust and ownership throughout the business by coaching and mentoring coworkers to reduce our risk tolerance.
- Research, propose and lead continuous improvement for safety, people, quality, responsiveness and cost to meet business goals.
- Develop, implement and manage maintenance planning and tracking systems while meeting established timeframes.
- Manage personnel including task assignment, performance management, policy adherence and development.
- Prepare and adhere to departmental budgets.
- Develop & manage Capital and Major Maintenance projects.
- 4-year College Degree (Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Preferred)
- 5 years' experience managing others
- 5 years' experience working for a manufacturing organization
- Strong lean manufacturing/Continuous Improvement experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, and Power Point at a minimum) required to accomplish day-to-day work activities and willingness to learn additional programs.
- Sufficient knowledge of company, products, objectives and operations.
- Sufficient knowledge of maintenance planning and tracking systems.
- Familiarity with vacuum, hydraulic electrical, and mechanical troubleshooting
- Oracle, Maximo, etc. experience a plus.
- Ability to successfully balance multiple projects at various stages with limited supervision in a fast-paced, competitive environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as with and through others to achieved desired results.
- Ability to analyze and resolve difficult problems effectively and timely thru the implementation of long-term solutions.
- Ability to effectively negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Ability to foster collaborations, inspire confidence, and motivate individuals across diverse teams in a manufacturing environment in order to meet objectives.