MOLD & TOOL REPAIR TECHNICIAN / DAY SHIFT
JOB SUMMARY: Repairs to existing mold tooling and preventative maintenance.
Repair and rework existing molds: The site has 5 injection molding machines. Mold capacity 3000 to 3500 ton molds
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and rework existing molding tools.
- Manage repairs/rebuilds using in-house resources
- Assemble / disassemble injection molds
- Manage Preventative Maintenance projects using in-house staff.
- Use First Shot/Last Shot process to evaluate mold condition, needed PMs.
- Wire hot runners, hot sprues, thermocouples in addition to replace hot runner components
- Wire limit switches
- Mold preventative maintenance, cleaning, lubrication, polishing
- Blue and spot shutoffs in and out of the machine
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common technical documents, drawings
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot molding issues to improve efficiency and product quality
- Knowledge of core pull hydraulic cylinders rebuild / replace
- TIG / MIG welding steel and copper a plus
- Experience with fitting large inserts
- Former injection mold tooling experience minimum 3 to 5 years
- Ability to make small parts in manual lathe, milling machine, small grinder
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in plastics injection mold repair required
- Experience with large tonnage injection molding (1000 tons and up) required
- Experience with CAD/CAM tool/mold making design a plus but not required
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Facility is non-climate controlled. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.