BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
** Must have experience Managing Nation Credit Teams*** Will manage 8 – 10 ***
THE CREDIT MANAGER – NATIONAL ACCOUNTS WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CREDIT MANAGEMENT OF NATIONAL ACCOUNTS AS WELL AS PARTS, OR ALL, OF ANY ACQUIRED COMPANY’S PORTFOLIOS. RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ASPECTS OF CREDIT MANAGEMENT INCLUDING CREDIT LINE REVIEWS, FINANCIAL ANALYSIS, BAD DEBT REVIEW, COLLECTIONS, RECONCILIATION EFFORTS, AND ASSOCIATE MANAGEMENT. ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE PARTICIPATING IN CROSS FUNCTIONAL TEAMS, PARTNERING WITH SALES TO SERVICE CUSTOMERS, AND ALIGNING OBJECTIVES WITH THE SALES MANAGEMENT TEAM.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages national account portfolio (as well as portfolios for acquired companies), to ensure the most effective management of Aging of Receivables, DSO and Bad Debt.
- Reports to management key financial monthly results and prepares monthly, quarterly and annual reports related to national account performance and metrics
- Thorough understanding of EDI processes (invoicing and payment) and payment methods such as ERS, ACH, wire etc.
- Familiarity with portal/third party billing vehicles such as Ariba, Taulia, Coupa or equivalent and customer specific portal requirements
- Understanding and resolution of A/R including cash application, deductions, short pays and the related impact on overall customer receivable
- Identify and provide recommendations to address root cause issues through collaboration with MSC teams
- Monitor and focus on improving DSO and quality of receivable
- Manage/ approve bad debt and sales adjustments for national account team
- Participate in audits as needed
- Analyzes trends, quantifies cost/benefits, calculates ROI, and implements necessary policy changes.
- Participates in cross functional team responsible for integrating acquired companies.
- Visits customer sites and Branch locations.
- Negotiates payments terms, payout arrangements, and monitors delinquent accounts.
- Manages complex and high volume related Credit and Collections portfolio to ensure efficient operations and the highest level of customer service.
- Approves credit lines up to $350K and provides risk management support on assigned customer base.
- Acts as operational accounting liaison with the Sales Organization to ensure continuous support in managing their day-to-day responsibility.
- Manages a portfolio of at least $225 million to ensure the highest level of customer service, while focusing on collections.
- Performs all duties inherent in the role of the Manager including hiring, terminations, performance reviews, training, and development of associates.
- Drives the Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of vision and unity of purpose.
- Participation in special projects and performs additional duties as required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in business; or equivalent related business experience is required.
- Minimum five years of experience in Credit.
- Familiarity and an understanding of financial documents and assigning credit lines to required level is required.
- Minimum five years of experience in managing associates in Credit or Collections is required.
- Must have experience in establishing specific targeted goals, related to DSO, Aging and Bad Debt.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP systems (preferred).
- In depth knowledge of 3rd party collection processes.
- Understanding of company financials (preferred).
- Manage groups of at least 8-10 associates.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience travelling to visit customers and dealing with Sales and Finance issues during those visits.
- Ability it to manage high transaction volume and A/R balances in excess of $1MM to $10MM