Packing House Manager
Headquartered north of Santa Barbara is a company focused on utilizing science and sustainability to grow quality, modern crops. Our unmatched commitment to innovating both organic farming and modern manufacturing means our customers have access to products that exceed expectations.
We breed, grow, and cultivate the highest quality cannabis so we can then process, manufacture, and package the highest quality single-source products on the market.
We are a team of change makers, modern farmers, scientists, and business professionals focused on leading the charge for agricultural innovation.
We are on a mission to be the most trusted and loved brand in Cannabis.
About The Role:
The Packing House Manager position will work with the Cultivation departments pertaining to needs for harvesting, freezing, drying, packaging and storage of cannabis. The Packing House Manager is responsible for coordinating packaging material needs and machinery with the Cultivation Director, Warehouse Supervisor and Track and Trace Supervisor. This position requires exposure to and use of liquid nitrogen and cold environments.
Working environment will include office, warehouse, shop, and processing house environments. To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required for this position.
What You'll Do
- Design, improve, execute packaging techniques and equipment for the processing of cannabis.
- Participate in the planning, preparation, and execution of activities with the Farm Operations Supervisor, Crop Production Manager, Warehouse supervisor and Track and Trace supervisor to assess and complete projects related to processing Fresh Frozen and Dried Cannabis.
- Assists with research and educational activities by following verbal and written protocols and communicating effectively with Farm Operations Manager, Crop production Manager and Director of cultivation.
- Participates in training and supervising employees performing packing house duties. Oversight of line supervisors in charge of packers, weighers, feeders, and metric data entry.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Completes documentation of Metric shipping and receiving documents.
- Supports the overall success by performing all other duties as assigned.
- Perform all functions safely following prescribed rules and protocols.
- Operate or tend to equipment used in processing facilities, including Cryogenic Tunnel Vacuum sealers, compressors, printing machines, sealed scales, forklifts etc. Manipulate controls to set, activate and adjust mechanisms on machinery.
- Responsible for the ordering and receiving of packing house supplies and PPE.
- Load and unload containers of harvested material manually or by forklift.
- Able to work nights and weekends when required. Potential of developing a PM shift.
- Competencies in Planning and Organizing- Engages in short and long-term planning, sets priorities to optimize time usage, adheres to schedules and plans.
- Assists team members in accomplishing their objectives by making sure machinery functions properly, establishes effective working relationships, and promotes team efforts.
What You'll Need to Have
- Accuracy- Attention to detail is critical
- Organization- experience creating and implementing processes.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience as a Plant/Operations Manager running fresh produce packing facility preferred.
- Food safety, GAP experience
- Ability to work well remotely
- Willingness to work as a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert user of Microsoft Office and/or Google’s G suite
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Flexible in work schedule as needed
- On call 24/7 at all Processing locations
- Must be 21 years of age (or older) at the time of hire
- Have a Valid CA Drivers’ License and be insurable
- Proficiency of both English and Spanish languages, verbal, and written format