Purpose of role:
This is a dynamic position that leads the development of beauty packaging with a wide range of clients from world famous global brands to trendy indie brands. This role is responsible for custom package design/engineering, smart customization of stock packaging and turnkey solutions; and developing innovation pipeline through trend spotting, technology scouting and creativity. With proven success, this role has great potential of expanding into a managerial position with a supporting team.
- Lead technical development of a large portfolio of projects with key accounts by
o translating and developing customers’ ideas and unspoken needs into commercial packages with speed, efficiency and favorable cost.
o generating market advantaged solutions for both custom designs and customization of stock packaging.
o maximizing sustainability benefits in all designs to minimize carbon footprint and meet customers’ sustainability goals.
o Being the project manager for the technical development of the project from end-to-end.
- Build innovation pipeline ideas through consumer and customer insights, technology scouting, open innovations and applying different idea generation techniques.
- Collaborate with domestic and overseas cross-functional teams to advance projects from development to commercialization; evolve innovative concepts into market-ready offerings.
- Representing the Technical Team, partner with Sales to meet with existing and new customers to discuss packaging projects and pitch new opportunities.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferred in Packaging, Engineering, Materials Science, Polymer Science or related fields. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years in package development with hands-on experience in R&D and manufacturing; from ideation, designing and managing trials, to testing and commercialization of structural and decorative packaging. Minimum of 5 years in beauty packaging.
- Proven track record of developing and commercializing innovations through leveraging consumer/ customer insights and R&D skills. Include innovations of completely new packaging and creative customization of stock packaging.
- Diverse and practical knowledge on a wide range of materials including glass, plastics (rigid and flexible), and metals. Comprehensive knowledge of different decorating technologies for these materials.
- Possess good knowledge and experience on the latest sustainable materials and packaging solutions.
- Solid CAD drawing and 3D printing skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, courage and persistence to push the boundary to make things happen.
- High energy individual with creativity and agile thinking who can connect the dots to come up with feasible innovations.
- Excellent project management and communication skills to manage a large portfolio of clients with diverse work styles and needs. Be able to multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excel in critical thinking and trouble shooting skills to resolve tough technical issues.
- People management experience is highly preferred.
- Global experience working with partners from other geographic locations is preferred.
- Ability to travel: 20% domestically and internationally.