The production planner is responsible for supporting the operational planning at a single site OTC & Cosmetic manufacturer located in Franklin, Wisconsin. The role must effectively work and communicate with team members in Production and Supply Chain to ensure proper materials are in place to support daily/weekly production. Strong analytical skills and organizational skills are critical success factors for this position. The planner will work very closely with the production scheduler and supply chain team to ensure inventories are both accurate and available for upcoming production. This person will be an expert at identifying inventory transactional discrepancies and implementing immediate solutions. This role will act as a back up to the production scheduler and support that role on an as-needed basis.
Reports to: Purchasing Manager
- Support the production scheduler to define Annual Operation Plan for manufacturing site.
- Support production scheduler in creation of the weekly and monthly production schedules for Material Resource Planning and Production staff.
- Review the changing production plan and adjust schedules to ensure product availability.
- Partner with production scheduler on coordinating schedule updates with key personnel.
- System specialist and expert in Company’s production floor system (subject matter expert).
- Trainer for all new production employees and current staff for system processing of inventory.
- Owner of inventory accuracy and ensuring all required inventory needed for production is in its proper location.
- Ensure production staff is properly allocating inventory and system inventory matches physical.
- Coordinate regularly scheduled cycle counting activities to ensure inventory levels are accurate.
- Maintain optimum inventory levels required for production.
- Lead continuous improvement effort on driving and sustaining inventory accuracy throughout the organization.
- Lead continuous improvement effort and work cross-functionally with IT and the distribution center to optimize the material transfer process.
- Lead the effort to meet 100% on time and in full metric for international customer shipments.
- Co-lead continuous improvement effort with production scheduler on developing a more automated/optimized scheduling system.
- Support the production scheduler in attainment-to-schedule (ATS) performance goals.
- Work closely with Materials Planner and Purchasing Agent to ensure the near term and long term production schedule is supported from a raw materials perspective.
Required Experience, Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of planning and inventory analysis experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment (Food, Beverage or Drug industry a plus)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Office products, primarily MS Excel
- Experience in and FDA/USDA regulated environment is preferable
Bachelor's Degree (Business Administration or Supply Chain preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Employee must be able to sit for up to eight hours in a work day.
- Ability to function in highly stressful situations.
The work environments described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.