Quality Control Manager
Headquartered north of Santa Barbara, is a company focused on utilizing science and sustainability to grow quality, modern crops. Our unmatched commitment to innovating both organic farming and modern manufacturing means our customers have access to products that exceed expectations.
We are on a mission to be the most trusted and loved brand in Cannabis.
As the Quality Control Manager, you will lead the translation of our quality goals into daily practice. You will be the connective tissue between SOP creators, operators across various operations departments and our compliance team. SOPs and their implementation are a key responsibility of yours. Driving our quality framework with consultants, internal stakeholders, and certifying bodies are part of the strategic aspects of this role. You’ll also be involved in creating training materials and internal certification programs.
· Manage and evolve the quality management program and certifications
· Create, review, approve and ensure proper implementation and completeness of Operations documentation, including SOPs, documentation practices, and revisions
· Collaborate with Engineering, Operations, Compliance, Research, and HR teams to implement training and internal certification programs and L&D infrastructure
· Be the POC for internal and external quality audits
· Approve documents that justify in-process controls and in-process specifications
· Approve various specifications, including raw materials, components, ingredients, finished product, labels
· Approve testing procedures, including any related deviations
· Review and approve documentation for supplier management process
· Approve Quality Control (QC) laboratory test results, including any related laboratory out of specification (OOS) investigations
· Lead sampling and retain programs
· Collaborate with Engineering, Research, and Operations teams to determine if specifications are met
· Manage and review changes to documents, equipment, and facilities.
· Perform internal and supplier audits.
· Manage the CAPA system.
· Ensure procedures are followed and the most current revisions of processes and governing documents are in place
· Conduct material reviews and make product disposition decisions
· Conduct investigations as needed and make a material disposition decision for use cases including:
o Any raw material, ingredient, in process, or finished product specifications are not met
o A batch deviates from the Master Manufacturing Record (MMR)
o There is an unexpected production event that could lead to adulteration or mislabeling
o Calibration or failure of an instrument occurs that could affect batch quality
o Product is returned by a customer or consumer
· Maintain professionalism and live the core values at all times
· Perform all other duties as assigned or inherent to the position
· Bachelor’s degree in Quality Assurance or equivalent combined experience and education
· 4+ years’ experience in a Quality Assurance role in Cannabis or related field, at least two of which as a manager
· Lean or six-sigma certification (orange belt minimum)
· Experience with document management SAAS solutions
· Implementation experience with ISO 9001, GMP, and SQF
· Strong working knowledge of CA cannabis regulations
· Strong organizational and follow-up skills
· Expert user of Microsoft Office and/or Google’s G suite
· Functional knowledge of California cannabis regulations
· Must be 21 years of age (or older) at the time of hire
· Proficiency of the English language, verbal and written format
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Flexible work schedule as needed
· Excellent time management and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Impeccable attention to detail
· Competitive base salary
· Medical, dental and vision benefits
· Vacation and Holidays