You will be held accountable for:
The role of the Supply Chain Planner – Manufacturing is to manage the finished goods production planning, scheduling, and inventory management activities. This role will also support any co-packing needs for our portfolio while ensuring achievement of customer service goals and minimizing operating cost, inventory investment and waste. Facilitates regular service performance, production schedule, materials review meetings and publishes notes.
Production planning & scheduling
- Master production planning, weekly, daily production scheduling to enable appropriate inventory to build for high performing service and productivity
- Ensuring weekly finite production schedules are aligned to MPS. Measurement and reporting of KPIs on a weekly/monthly basis including service level delivery (Case Fill/OTIF) as agreed with the Commercial team for EOC retail and food service products.
- Regular review of customer forecasts and capacity adjustments needed using MPS approach (also see scope), which will be at a monthly rolling frequency and feeding into the S&OP process to drive continuous improvement.
- Design and implement production “run strategy” that enables optimal use of assets for attaining higher productivity
- Respond to unanticipated changes—e.g. production shortfall vs. schedule or material shortages: provide information, impact assessment, revise production shifts and or mix as needed.
- Will drive process improvement and automation through rigorous use of ERP (SAP)/MRP and advanced planning tools (GIB, APO, JDA or similar)
- Will spearhead as part of a cross functional team introduction of SFC/MOM tools (Manufacturing Operations Modules like Rockwell’s Factory Talk) in a 2-3-year horizon
- Responsible for materials call-off, and therefore ensuring availability of all component materials for uninterrupted production to support supply plan. Also, at the same time meet Inventory carrying goals in place.
- Ensuring component material inventory accuracy, owning a robust cycle counting program, and reporting against goals.
- Ensuring good material storage practices which support site’s quality, hygiene and safety initiatives
- Supports inventory management programs to minimize raw material investment and ensure material availability to support manufacturing operations.
- Ensuring MRP settings and parameters are up to date from a scheduling and component ordering / inventory control standpoint. Maintains inventory and Master Data records as appropriate to support material initiatives
- Establishing, monitoring and reporting Vendor Performance Scorecard from an OTIF standpoint and participate in Quarterly Supplier Relationship meetings to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensuring component inventory SLOBs is minimal and reporting against goals
To be great at this job you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or four years supply management experience in fast pace challenging manufacturing environment
- Experience working with enterprise software to manage business operations (SAP, GIB, APO, JDA, etc.)
- Requires computer literacy in MS Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Equal past experience with Production Planning and Materials management
- Good project management, organization and communication skills
- Knowledge of APICS preferred but not required.