Our client is a global leader in providing trusted insights and analytics to accelerate the pace of innovation. Their vision is to improve the way the world creates, protects and advances innovation.
- Prepare and review income tax workpapers to support tax returns including book/tax differences, apportionment, and other supporting schedules
- Preparation and /or assisting in review of interim and year-end ASC 740 income tax provision
- Preparation of quarterly estimates and extensions
- Support the department in all areas of process improvement and compliance with SOX and other controls.
- Ensure that the tax software is properly maintained and functioning in an efficient manner
- Corresponding with the IRS and various state departments to resolve tax notices
- Maintain the internal tax calendar
- Coordination with external service providers on non-US subsidiaries in LATAM and Canada, including processing payment requests as well as initial review of income and withholding tax calculations
- Prepare, distribute, and monitor income tax packages and information request for worldwide subsidiaries
- Managing the department’s cloud-based file system
- Research tax issues, analyze federal and state laws to interpret how they apply to the company, prepare technical documentation to communicate tax issues
- Prepare quarterly tax account reconciliations
- Perform other special tax projects as assigned
Knowledge, skill and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA and/or MST
- 3-5+ years relevant tax experience in public accounting or industry
- Experience in accounting for income taxes under ASC 740 and/or IAS 12
- Must possess superior organizational and documentation skills.
- Extremely detailed oriented.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
- Strong knowledge in tax and accounting
- Ability to research and propose resolutions on tax issues.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to problem solve
- Proficiency in MS Office (primarily Excel), corporate tax provision preparation software (OneSource highly preferred), and online tax research services such as Checkpoint or CCH
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to foster a team-oriented environment, working collaboratively with cross-functional departments.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
This is a fast paced environment poised for more growth. This resource will be working with a new head of Tax and newly built team.